Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, many—if not all—cinemas, museums, galleries, cultural institutions, and artistic venues closed across Lebanon to ensure safety for all.
An increasing number of online resources are available, enabling all of us at home to see previously produced works and learn more about arts and culture around the world. Embassy Beirut wants to hear from you!
We are seeking artistic contributions in these difficult and challenging times. We invite you to tell us through painting, photography, writing, music, and other mediums how COVID-19 is impacting our lives. Show us what you got!
We welcome original (i.e. produced by you) contributions in the following formats:
- Writing: Personal reflections, prose, poetry, short stories (600 words limit)
- Still visual: Calligraphy, painting/digital painting, drawing, collages, photographs, illustrations, caricatures, multimedia works are welcome (1 page limit)
- Video work: Animation, music video, edited film, video testimony (2 min video limit)
- Audio: Song, instrumental, poetry reading, audio testimony (2 min audio limit)
For audiovisual works, please make sure you post in high-resolution. We might contact you to provide us with the original high-resolution files at a later stage.
*Submissions are welcome by groups/teams
To submit, post your work on your social media accounts (posts not stories) using #WeHearYouLebanon and make sure to tag the U.S. Embassy Beirut’s platforms on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @USEmbassyBeirut.
Note: We will be only reviewing submissions that carry both the hashtag and tagging the Embassy.
Nominate or challenge a friend/colleague/fellow artist and join the creative circle by sharing the news with your contacts.
- The call for submissions is open until June 8, 2020.
- We will review and post a selection of the five most remarkable submissions on our social media platforms by June 15, 2020.
For any questions or inquiries, please contact us on BeirutPD@state.gov with the subject line “We Hear You” project.