The U.S. Embassy in Lebanon would like to inform U.S. citizens that the Economic Instability portion of the Safety and Security section of the Country Information for Lebanon has been updated. The complete Country Information may be found here and the Travel Advisory here.
The Embassy requests that all U.S. citizens residing in Lebanon enroll or update their contact information in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you are already enrolled and no longer residing in Lebanon, please deactivate your registration. (You can still sign up to receive Travel Alerts even if you are no longer registered.) If you need assistance, please review these FAQs or contact the STEP administrator.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that if you are overseas and your U.S. passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until December 31, 2021. More information is available here.
Actions to Take:
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Lebanon.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
Awkar – Facing the Municipality, Main Street
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook