The U.S. Embassy in Beirut is pleased to announce a call for applications to a new round of five academic exchange programs in the United States:
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Religious Pluralism in the U.S. program: The program is geared towards undergraduate students between the ages of 18 and 25 who are interested in interfaith dialogue and religious pluralism in the United States. The program will take place in June and July 2016. The deadline to submit applications is January 1, 2016.
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership program: The program is for female university students between the ages of 18 and 25 who are interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership. The program will be hosted by Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana from June 25 to July 30, 2016. The deadline to submit applications is January 1, 2016.
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Scholars programs:This program is designed for university faculty between the ages of 30 and 50 to provide them with the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, and institutions. The program includes six thematic branches covering 1- U.S. Political Thought, 2- Contemporary American Literature, 3- Journalism and Media, 4- Religious Pluralism in the U.S., 5- U.S. Society and Culture and 6- U.S. Foreign Policy. The program will take place in summer 2016 and the branches will be hosted by several American universities. The deadline to submit applications is January 22, 2016.
- Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) for Secondary Educators program: The program is for secondary educators to learn about American educational philosophies, explore new teaching methods, and pursue related research interests. The program will take place in summer 2016 and application deadline is December 30, 2015.
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program: The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is for undergraduate students to travel to the United States for one academic semester starting in January 2017 during which they take academic courses from their majors, engage in community service and cultural activities and experience the American college life. The application deadline for this program is January 1, 2016.
We encourage all interested candidates to visit the scholarships page of the Embassy’s website for more detailed information on these programs: https://lb.usembassy.gov/education-culture/scholarships-exchanges/.
As with all U.S. Embassy-sponsored programs, the U.S. Government pays for all major expenses, including round-trip airfare, shared accommodation during the program, meals and health insurance. Competition is merit-based. Lebanese and long-term Palestinian residents in Lebanon from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, age, and/or physical impairment.