Replace a Lost or Stolen Passport

If your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you are required to apply for a new passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment.

You will need to bring the following to your appointment:

  • Evidence of U.S. Citizenship – Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired U.S. passport;
  • A photocopy of your passport’s data page if available;
    • Valid government issued photo I.D. (such as foreign passport, driver’s license or military I.D); A U.S. passport will meet this requirement if it is not expired;
    • A police report in Arabic and English;
    • One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements;
    • For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. If only one parent can appear, please follow these instructions.   Attending parents must bring government issued photo I.D;
    • Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D;
    • Form DS-11. Complete the form online and print.  Do not sign it.  You are required to sign the form before a consular officer;  
    • Form DS-64:  Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport. This form will be automatically generated when you complete Form DS-11 and declare your passport lost/stolen; and
    • The non-refundable application fee is $115.00 / (US $ 135 Effective December 27, 2021) for applicants under 16 or $145.00 / (US $ 165 Effective December 27, 2021) for applicants over 16. Payment is accepted by credit card, issued by a U.S. institution, or cash (US Dollars). If paying in cash, exact change is required. Payment is not accepted by checks;