Replace a Damaged Passport

U.S. Passports that are damaged or in poor condition must be replaced, as they are no longer valid for travel. For security reasons, damaged passports may be retained by this office.  Please note that your damaged U.S passport is not proof of citizenship or identity. If your U.S. passport is damaged, you must apply for a new passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment.

You will need to bring the following to your appointment:

  • Your damaged U.S. passport;
  • A photocopy of your passport’s data page;
  • Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.  Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired, undamaged U.S. passport;
  • Valid government issued photo I.D. (such as foreign passport, driver’s license or military I.D);
    • One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements;
    • For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. If only one parent can appear, please follow these instructions. Attending parents must bring valid, government issued photo I.D.;
    • Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D;
    • The non-refundable application fee is $115.00 for applicants under 16 or $145.00 for applicants over 16. Fees can be paid in cash with either U.S. dollars or Lebanese pounds. The Consular Section cannot accept checks or credit cards;  and
    • Form DS-11. Complete the form online and print.  Do not sign it.  You are required to sign the form before a consular officer.