When applying to renew a U.S. passport for a child under 16 you must apply in person through a pre-arranged appointment. The presence of the child is required together with both parents. If one parent is unable to attend, please click here for additional information.
You will need to bring the following to your appointment:
- Your child’s most recent U.S. passport;
- Form DS-11. Complete the form online and print. Do not sign it. You are required to sign the form before a consular officer;
- A photocopy of your child’s passport data page;
- One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements;
- If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, present 1-2 photographs per year from when that passport was issued to present, to show how their appearance has changed (family or informal photographs are acceptable)
- Your child’s U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, showing the parent’s name(s);A photocopy of your child’s U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- Government issued photo I.D. of parents, such as U.S or foreign passport, driver’s license or military I.D;
- A Photocopy of each parent’s I.D.
- The non-refundable application fee of US $115 – Payment is accepted by credit card, issued by a U.S. institution, or cash (US Dollars). If paying in cash, exact change is required. Payment is not accepted by checks.