If you are applying to renew a U.S. passport that was issued before you were 16 years old or more than 15 years ago, you must apply in person through a pre-arranged appointment.
You will need to bring the following to your appointment:
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements;
- Valid government issued photo I.D. (such as foreign passport, driver’s license or military I.D); A U.S. passport will meet this requirement if it is not expired;
- If your passport was issued more than 15 years ago and you look substantially different from your old passport photo, please provide 1-2 photographs per year from when your last passport was issued to present, to show how your appearance has changed (family or informal photos are acceptable);
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change;
- The non-refundable application fee for an adult passport is $145.00 / (US $ 165 Effective December 27, 2021). Payment is accepted by credit card, issued by a U.S. institution, or cash (US Dollars). If paying in cash, exact change is required. Payment is not accepted by checks;
- A photocopy of your passport’s data page;
- Form DS-11. Complete the form online and print. Do not sign it. You are required to sign the form before a consular officer.