In light of last week’s terrorist attacks in France, Tunisia and Kuwait, we want to remind U.S. citizens in Lebanon to maintain their vigilance. We encourage U.S. citizens to exercise heightened security awareness of their surroundings at all times, taking appropriate measures to ensure their safety and security. Be conscious of your personal security at all times. Terrorist bombing attacks may occur with little or no warning. Avoid areas where bombings have taken place immediately after the initial attack. The Embassy urges all U.S. citizens in Lebanon to monitor the media for latest developments in the event of a security incident.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warning for Lebanon, Travel Alerts, and Lebanon Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. The U.S. Embassy is located at Awkar facing the Municipality, PO Box 70-840, Beirut and is open Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM, (961) (4) 542600 or (961) (4) 543600. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance, the emergency number for the U.S. Embassy is (961) (4) 542600 or (961) (4) 543600. For further information, U.S. citizens may also access our website at Embassy in Lebanon.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.