Event: U.S. Embassy sources and press have reported that shelling along the southern border between Israel Defense Forces and Hezbollah has stopped. Press also reported that both sides have communicated that the operations have ceased.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates
- Review your personal security plans
- As always, have travel documents up to date
- Review the complete Travel Advisory for Lebanon and enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
(961) (4) 542600 or (961) (4) 543600
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Travel Advisory for Lebanon, Country Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook