Event: U.S. citizens who wish to depart Lebanon should leave now, due to the unpredictable security situation. There are still commercial flights available, but there is reduced capacity. Please check flight options at Beirut–Rafic Hariri International Airport. Please monitor local media reports and follow the instructions of security and emergency response officials.
If you need a financial assistance loan from the U.S. government to purchase tickets on a flight to depart Lebanon, or are interested in receiving messages from the U.S. Department of State, please complete this crisis intake form and you will continue to receive communications from us. If you are aware of additional U.S. citizens seeking assistance from the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon, please have them complete our crisis intake form, or call 1-833-890-9595 (toll free); 606-641-0131 (U.S. local); or 961-4-543-600 (Lebanon local). Do not fill out this form if you have already completed it – we have your information, and duplicate requests delay our response.
We have updated our Travel Advisory to Level 4: Do Not Travel – the full text of the Travel Advisory may be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Lebanon.html
The Department of State urges U.S. citizens not to travel to Lebanon. We recommend that U.S. citizens in Lebanon make appropriate arrangements to leave the country; commercial options currently remain available. We recommend that U.S. citizens who choose not to depart prepare contingency plans for emergency situations.
Actions To Take:
- Have plans to depart that do not rely on the U.S. government.
- Ensure you and your family have your travel documents in order and are prepared to travel.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep your cell phone charged in case of emergency.
- Exercise caution, monitor the news closely for breaking developments that could affect internal security, and factor updated information into your travel plans and activities.
- Have a contingency plan for emergencies and review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy in Beirut – Lebanon
Awkar – Facing the Municipality
Main Street Beirut, Lebanon
961-4- 543 600
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-833-890-9595 (toll free) and 606-641-0131 (local)
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.