Event: For U.S. Citizens whose Economic Impact Payment (EIP) checks were mailed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon, the U.S. Embassy has arranged with private vendor Aramex for onward delivery.
If the IRS indicates that your check was forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, or if you have otherwise confirmed this to be the case, you can contact Aramex to schedule a time to pick up your check in person from the Aramex office. Aramex will hold the EIP checks until October 10, 2020, after which they will mail the checks back to the IRS.
Please note that Aramex will charge a $10 fee for this service. Local currency is also acceptable; please contact Aramex for details.
The contact information for Aramex is as follows:
Telephone: 961 1 679 111
Email: BEYCustomerService@aramex.com and BEYContactCenterTeam@aramex.com
Office Address: Dekwaneh, Mirna Chalouhi Highway, Aramex Center
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Aramex advises that at the time of pick-up, EIP recipients need to present an IRS-issued form or correspondence that confirms their name and local mailing address.
Please note, not all EIP checks were mailed to the U.S. Embassy. Depending on the on information on file with the IRS, some U.S. citizens received EIP by direct deposit into a U.S. bank account while others received an EIP check at their address on file with the IRS.
If you are unsure if whether you are eligible for a stimulus check, or if you are unsure if your stimulus check was sent by mail, please visit the IRS website https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/notice, for this information.
If you have additional questions about your EIP check, please contact the IRS at https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance.
Please note that we cannot answer questions about whether you qualify for an EIP check, whether an EIP check was mailed to you, or where an EIP check was mailed – Please consult IRS resources for these details.
Please direct all inquiries about the logistics of collecting an EIP check, including whether Aramex is in possession of a check for you, to the Aramex contact information listed above.
The U.S. Embassy cannot cash your EIP check and cannot provide further assistance regarding your check after receipt.
If you have any questions about this arrangement, please contact BeirutFBU@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments for more information on stimulus checks
- Please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center for answers to some commonly asked questions on stimulus checks
- Please ensure that the IRS has a current, valid mailing address for you, whether in the U.S. or abroad
U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Govt o review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.