Event: Reminder to Review Lebanon Country Information Page and to Enroll in STEP Program
The U.S. Embassy in Lebanon would like to remind U.S. citizens to review Embassy Beirut’s Country Information and Travel Advisory pages for Lebanon if they have not done so recently. The Travel Advisory states “Do not travel to Lebanon due to COVID-19. Reconsider travel to Lebanon due to crime, terrorism, armed conflict, civil unrest, kidnapping and Embassy Beirut’s limited capacity to provide support to U.S. citizens. Some areas have increased risk.” The complete Country Information may be found here and the Travel Advisory here. Please see information on What the Department of State Can and Can’t Do in a Crisis.
We would again like to remind U.S. citizens about our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), which is a free service for U.S. Citizens who are traveling or living abroad. The Embassy requests that all U.S. citizens residing in Lebanon enroll or update their contact information in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you are already enrolled and no longer residing in Lebanon, please deactivate your registration. (You can still sign up to receive Travel Alerts even if you are no longer registered.) If you need assistance, please review these FAQs or contact the STEP administrator.
Please note that U.S. Embassy Beirut is now accepting online fee payments for adult U.S. passport renewal applications. Paying online allows you to mail your application to the U.S. Embassy without the need to apply in person. Qualifying adult passport renewal applicants may pay the $110 passport renewal fee online via U.S. or international credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer from a U.S.-based bank account, Amazon Pay, or Pay Pal. Qualified applicants should then send and receive their passports and applications through Aramex offices in Sin el Fil, Tripoli, Saida, and Zahle. The fee for the courier service 20 USD.
In order to use the online payment system, you must answer YES to all of the following:
- I can submit my most recent U.S. passport book by mail with my renewal application;
- I was at least 16 years old when your most recent passport book was issued;
- I was issued my most recent U.S. passport book less than 15 years ago;
- My most recent U.S. passport book has a validity of 10 years from issuance to expiration;
- My most recent U.S. passport book was issued in my current name (or I can document my name change by submitting marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order with my passport application;) and
- I currently reside in and/or have a valid mailing address in Lebanon
Please see our website for further details https://lb.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/renew-adult-passport/ . If you do not meet these criteria you can make an appointment online at https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=BRT&appcode=1.
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook