Event: Rafic Hariri International Airport in Beirut remains closed for commercial passenger flights until at least May 10, 2020. Qatar Airways (QA) is offering a special chartered flight to depart Beirut at 2:30 a.m. on May 6, 2020, for Doha with connecting flights to Dallas/Fort Worth or Chicago. The flight number is QR3276.
Interested travelers may purchase tickets online at www.qatarairways.com or at the Qatar Airways Downtown Beirut Office, telephone 01-763100, Minah El Hosn, Garden View Building – Ground Floor (behind Four Seasons Hotel at Zeytouna Bay), Tuesday to Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sunday closed. QA advises that the non-refundable ticket cost is $2,500 per person to either U.S. destination. Seats are limited.
Travelers who book this flight are required by QA to be at the airport no later than 11:30 p.m. on May 5.
All ticketed U.S. citizen and LPR travelers on this flight are asked to provide ticket/travel information to the American Citizen Services office through the following link https://bit.ly/2xbSyMZ. This will enable ACS to provide all travelers with additional flight-related information, if required.
U.S. citizens normally resident in the United States, who are stranded in Lebanon because of the airport closure and who either lack or cannot access funds, may write to BeirutACS@state.gov to inquire about the possibility of a U.S. government loan to cover the ticket costs.
Middle East Airlines (MEA) is also operating flights to transit destinations including Frankfurt, London, and Paris. U.S. citizens and LPRs with confirmed onward tickets to the U.S. may book outbound travel to these transit points as well, subject to certain conditions mandated by MEA which we detailed in our announcement of April 29.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Review CDC recommended protective measures for travelers, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html.
- U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
Awkar – Facing the Municipality, Main Street
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Govto review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook