Event: The airport in Beirut is expected to remain closed for routine traffic until at least June 21, 2020, but Lufthansa Airline has scheduled a special flight to Frankfurt with U.S. connections.
Lufthansa Airlines announced it will operate LH1307 from Beirut to Frankfurt on Wednesday, June 17. The flight is scheduled to depart Beirut at 3:30 a.m. and arrive in Frankfurt at 6:45 a.m. local time. According to Lufthansa, passengers can connect to 35 U.S. destinations from its Frankfurt hub. Prices for economy and business class tickets range from $1,500 to $3,900. Only credit card payment will be accepted. To book, please contact the Lufthansa Service Center Sunday through Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at +961-1-347007 or Friday and Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at +961-3-439-350 or +961-71-539-359.
U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, and their immediate families are permitted to enter the United States from Germany. All other passengers are advised to review details regarding current U.S. travel restrictions at www.dhs.gov. It is the responsibility of passengers to comply with all visa regulations and enforced COVID 19-related travel restrictions. All travelers are required to wear face masks.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Review CDC recommended protective measures for travelers, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html.
- U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
Awkar – Facing the Municipality, Main Street
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook