Event: Rafic Hariri International Airport in Beirut remains closed for commercial passenger flights until at least June 8, 2020. Qatar Airways is offering a special chartered flight to depart from Beirut to Doha at 2:30 a.m. on June 5, 2020, with connecting flights to Dallas/Fort Worth or Chicago. The flight is being offered for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents seeking to return to their homes in the United Sates.
Interested travelers may purchase tickets for Flight QR7472 online at www.qatarairways.com or at the Qatar Airways Downtown Beirut Office, telephone 01-763100, Minah El Hosn, Garden View Building – Ground Floor (behind Four Seasons Hotel at Zeytouna Bay). Hours are Monday to Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sunday closed. According to Qatar Airways, the non-refundable ticket cost is $2,510 per person to either U.S. destination. Seats are limited.
Qatar Airways requires that every traveler wear a face mask from check-in through the flight. Persons arriving at the airport without masks will be turned away.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Review CDC recommended protective measures for travelers, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html.
- U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
Awkar – Facing the Municipality, Main Street
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook