Event: The U.S. Embassy has just learned of limited opportunities for U.S. citizens to depart Beirut starting on Thursday, April 9, and continuing over the next several days. These will be flights on aircraft operated by Middle East Airlines (MEA) and are scheduled to travel on the following dates to the following destinations:
April 9 to London
April 9 to Frankfurt
April 9 to Doha
April 11 to Rome
April 11 to Dubai
April 11 to Kuwait
April 13 to London
April 13 to Paris
Those wishing to take advantage of these flights would be responsible for making their own onward travel arrangements to their U.S. destination before leaving Beirut, and they would be well advised to do so, as many of the airports in the above cities will allow entry only to nationals of that country or transit passengers. Please note that to enter the United States all travelers should be U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents, with few exceptions.
Seats on these flights are not guaranteed, and would be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are interested, you should book your own ticket by calling the MEA Call Center at 01-629999 or online at www.mea.com.lb. Fares will vary according to destination.
If you make a booking on one of these flights, please send us a copy of your e-ticket, including your connecting flight to the U.S.
MEA advises that it is obligated to sell tickets as a round-trip; the return journey can be used anytime in future, according to MEA. Please note that these tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Review CDC recommended protective measures for travelers, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html.
U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
Awkar – Facing the Municipality, Main Street
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook