The U.S.- Department of State’s US-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) is pleased to announce the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Program (TLG) 2021-2022 at the American University of Beirut and the Lebanese American University.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate program (TLG) offers students from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) a unique opportunity to pursue a master’s degree through leading American institutions with American-accreditation in the MENA region. The program spans over a period of two years with the purpose to equip graduate students with the professional experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes through research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders while supporting and increasing scholars’ knowledge in gender issues in specific in the various fields of study. For more information on this program, students can visit https://mepi.state.gov/leadership/tomorrows-leaders-program/tlg/
The program will include students from Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (residing outside of Syria), Tunisia and Yemen.
To be considered, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be committed to complete your Master’s degree within two years (Starting fall 2021).
- Be committed to pursue hands-on public policy research and work as part of your Master’s program.
- Demonstrate academic excellence (Maintain a GPA of 3.0 throughout the academic years).
- Be a citizen of Algeria/ Egypt/ Iraq/ Jordan/ Lebanon/ Morocco/ Syria (residing outside of Syria)/ Tunisia/ Yemen. Note: American citizens and Green Card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Demonstrate financial need status per MEPI and host university Financial Aid policies. Applicants should be underrepresented or economically deserving students and should submit the relevant Financial Aid application as listed in the links of each university.
Submit your Fall 2021-2022 application directly to your university of interest!
The deadline for application submission is March 2, 2020
The MEPI TLG provides full coverage of all applicable charges for enrollment, tuition, and fees; University Medical insurance coverage; a monthly living allowance; student housing; one laptop for the duration of the program; a yearly book allowance; two round-trip tickets from and to home country, where applicable, Exposure to and engagement in different community development projects and/or internships in host country, and/or their home countries to learn about different forms of intervention and apply such learning back in their respective countries; academic advising, mentoring services, and learning services, and professional training on leadership and gender.