Effective January 26, 2021, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Passengers must also attest, under penalty of law, to having received a negative qualifying test result or to recovery from COVID-19 and medical clearance to travel.
Please see the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see FAQ’s.
Airlines must deny boarding to passengers who do not meet these requirements.
The Embassy is not able to administer or pay for COVID-19 tests for private U.S. citizens overseas. To obtain a COVID-19 test, please consult this list of testing locations.
The Government of Lebanon continues to implement enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please also see the latest daily Lebanese government publication which consolidates every ministry’s decisions, actions and responses to address the crisis.
For information on COVID-19 vaccines, please review the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 page. The United States Government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Review the State Department’s COVID-19 page.
- Consult Lebanese government sources for the latest information on COVID in Lebanon, including the availability of vaccines.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for the Department of State’s COVID FAQs Search Tool.
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so the U.S. Embassy can contact you with updated information and in an emergency.
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Govto review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook