Event: As of June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer require air travelers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States.
CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Actions to Take:
- Review country-specific COVID-19 entry/exit requirements on the Embassy’s COVID-19 information page.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, delay your travel if you test positive for or have symptoms of COVID-19.
U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.state.gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook