Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon (4 December, 2021)
Location: Lebanon, countrywide
Event: On December 6, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will implement a one-day COVID-19 testing requirement for travelers over age two coming to the United States. Regardless of vaccination status or nationality, any individual coming to the United States must show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test taken the day before they board their flight to the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country, and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
These requirements are for all air passengers two years of age or older boarding a flight from a foreign country to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Lebanon webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Lebanon.
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook
- Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19
- Amended Order: Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test Result or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Airline Passengers Arriving into the United States
- CDC Tightens Testing Requirement for International Travel to the US to One Day