Location: Beirut, Lebanon – Multiple Locations
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Beirut informs U.S. citizens that demonstrators have blocked streets in locations around Lebanon in recent days including in downtown Beirut, Tripoli, and Saida.
Plan ahead for the possibility of traffic delays and other potential unexpected disruptions. U.S. citizens should avoid areas directly affected by these protests and continue to monitor local media for further information.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates, and check your email for further alerts;
- Avoid demonstrations and large gatherings;
- Review personal security plans;
- Remain aware of surroundings;
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Gov to review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook