Location: Beirut – Awkar Square Area near the U.S. Embassy
Event: Members of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party, Lebanese Communist Party, and affiliated parties have announced plans to hold anti-U.S. demonstrations starting around 4 p.m. Friday, July 10 in the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy Beirut. The Embassy will close at 1 p.m. and staff have been instructed to avoid the area of the demonstration.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media and our Embassy website for updates, and check your email for further alerts.
- Avoid the area of demonstrations.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
U.S. Embassy Beirut, Lebanon
Awkar – Facing the Municipality, Main Street
+961-4-542600 or +961-4-543600
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
For further detailed information regarding travel and security in Lebanon:
- Visit the State Department’s travel website Travel.State.Govto review the Lebanon Travel Advisory, Country-Specific Information for Lebanon, and the Worldwide Caution.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive the latest security updates and make it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to contact you in an emergency.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Beirut on Twitter and Facebook