Last updated: 05/05/2022
*** Effective December 6, 2021, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older, regardless of vaccination status or citizenship, must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within one calendar day of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Lebanon has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders. At present, businesses and public institutions in Lebanon are operating under regular business hours with no restrictions on capacity. There are no limits on attendance for religious services. There is no current government mandate for mask wearing but individual private and commercial establishments may have their own requirements. Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport remains open. All unvaccinated air travelers over age 12 arriving in Beirut are required to undergo PCR testing upon arrival.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Lebanon? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes. PCR tests are available in all hospitals, labs and medical institutions. Cost of testing is paid by the U.S. citizen. Results can be obtained by email, text message and physical copy
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Lebanon approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Lebanon for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Lebanon ? All the vaccines approved by CDC are available in Lebanon
- The latest information on local conditions can be found at the Lebanese Ministry of Health’s website.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes.
- Effective March 28, MOPH PASS platform of the Ministry of Public Health will be cancelled. As such, MOPH PASS enrollment is no longer required.
- Exemptions for Fully Vaccinated Travelers:
- Fully vaccinated travelers are exempt from performing a PCR test or Rapid Antigen test in the countries of departure provided they’ve taken a booster dose.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes for unvaccinated travelers.
- Any traveler who does not meet the fully vaccinated criteria outlined above must perform a PCR test or Rapid Antigen test in the countries of departure within 48 hours of departure
- All passengers who travelled out of Lebanon and will return within one week, i.e., who travelled during one day of the week and will return same day during the following week, will be exempted from performing a PCR test in the countries of departure.
- Updated Testing Upon Arrival Requirements, Effective on March 1:
- Travelers who are fully Fully vaccinated/boosted within the past six months are exempt from PCR testing upon arrival
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No. However, travelers are required to refrain from going out in public until their PCR results come back (usually within 24 hours). If a traveler receives a positive result on their PCR test, they are required to contact the Ministry of Health at phone number 1787 and follow the Ministry’s guidance.
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes
- BRHIA is operating at 70 percent capacity.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes
- Public transportation is operating at limited capacity. Masks are required at all times outdoors and in public spaces.
Fines for Non-Compliance (if applicable)
On January 7, 2021, Lebanese authorities announced that violators of lockdown restrictions face penalties of up to 3 months in prison and/or a fine from 100,000 to 600,000 lire.
- What ACS services are being offered? All routine services
- What visa services are being offered? All routine services