An official website of the United States government

Apply for a Passport Card

The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

A previous passport book holder who is eligible to use Form DS-82 may apply for a passport card as a renewal. First time applicants for a U.S. Passport, and those not eligible to use the Form DS-82, should apply for a passport card using Form DS-11.


  • Adult First Time Passport Card: U.S. $80
  • Adult Passport Card Renewal: U.S. $30.00
  • Child’s passport card: U.S. $35
  • Child’s passport card in connection with or in addition to a passport book application: U.S. $15

Note: Adults who already have a fully valid passport book may apply for the card as a passport renewal.

Payment is accepted by credit card, issued by a U.S. institution, or cash (US Dollars). If paying in cash, exact change is required. Payment is not accepted by checks.